tisdag 8 maj 2018

Positive things, day 7 & 8

I learnt a lesson. Unfortunately it’s one I’ve learnt many times before, but maybe by writing it down I can make it stick better. Don’t put things off. You may think “I’ll do that tomorrow”, but you don’t know what tomorrow is going to be like. Especially with illnesses that sometimes incapacitate you. I’ve had a terrible migraine for two days straight and thus did not get anything done. Don’t assume you have time. Don’t waste the sunlight, ‘cause it might rain for a week after. Don’t waste an opportunity to do something, because that opportunity can be taken away in a flash. Is this turning out more waste blaming than inspiring? Damn. Well. The positive is that I believe we can learn? I don’t mean you can’t have a day when you don’t do anything. Those days will happen. Especially with mental illness or with physical illness, some days it’s OK if all you do is exist. But on the days you can do stuff, try to do stuff. ‘Cause you’ll probably feel better, and you won’t get stuck with things you need to do on days when you can’t do them and feel like crap for that.

And now I’m gonna go watch Eurovision Song Contest, which I know I already used for a positive, but it’s really a high point of the year for me. I watch it with friends, except we watch it in our own homes and only chat about it online, because they’re my online friends and I’ve only met two of them in real life. But I love talking to them and Eurovision is the only time of the year we all still get “together”.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar