söndag 6 maj 2018

Positive things, day 4 & 5 & 6

So I missed a couple of days, and now I have to be three times as grateful. I really shouldn’t leave it this late. It’s Sunday night. I suck at weekends. I’ve barely left my bed. And this is no way to start a positivity post. I’m sorry. I guess I don’t really have it in my right now.

But you know what. This is what this blog is about. Trying to find the positive despite all that. I am alive. I am here. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week and I’m gonna do my best. I’m gonna go to work and kick ass.

Positive thing #1
I took all my pills today. Sometimes I forget or fall asleep before I’ve taken the last dose, but today I’ve taken all of them. It’s a little thing but it’s a good thing.

Positive thing #2
Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess). She’s kind of the reason this blog exists and the reason anyone reads it, I think (assuming the traffic I’ve seen are actual people and not bots. All the non-bots, raise your hand?) And I think Jenny is also the reason I’m still here. Her being so open about depression made me understand a lot more about how depression works, and that I should seek help. Before that, I didn’t think therapy or medication could help me. I wasn’t actively planning suicide, but if I had kept going the way I was without treatment, I don’t know how long I would have lasted. Antidepressants saved me, and Jenny is part of what got me there. Add all the times she’s just been so relateable or funny, and she’s definitely a positive thing.

Positive things #3
Eurovision week is starting!!!!! If you are not European and don’t know of the Eurovision Song Contest, find yourself a live stream. It will change your life. I have converted Americans in the past. Here’s a preview. 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar