fredag 13 juli 2018

Positive things, day I don’t know, I suck

So I promised I’d get back to this after vacation but I forgot. Sorry.

Some positives this week:

I finally finished the first set of homework for therapy. I’m an excellent procrastinator, but I’ll work on that.

I got accepted to at least one of the uni classes I applied for (internet-based part-time courses, ‘cause I thought it might be nice to do some learning again but I’m still gonna work, not be a full time-student again. This is for fun.) But because I’ve lost my password, I can’t access the system to check. I can get a new one, but it would just be easier if I can find the one I have. I know I was accepted to the math class because they sent an email. But my first choice was French. French would be more useful. I’ve studied a lot of French but I still can’t speak it. I think I need practice speaking though, and I don’t know how well an internet course is going to give me that.

That brings me to another one. I’ve started using Duolingo again for learning French. My brother mentioned using it, so I was reminded. I still had it on my phone, I just forget to use it. But I’ve got a three day streak going now.

Speaking of phones, I ordered a new one. It’s waiting for me at the post office actually, gonna pick it up tomorrow. Since I got this one on a kind of lease-thing rather than buying it outright, I now (after two years) had to decide whether to pay the difference for keeping it or buy a new one. This one is still working OK for the most part, but there is this thing with the sound. I only get sound in one ear when using earphones, and it used to not bother me because I had a piercing in the other ear that stopped me from comfortably having an earphone there anyway, especially because it took ages to heal completely and I didn’t want to risk introducing any bacteria to the area. But now I’ve taken the piercing out, and I didn’t want to pay to keep a two-year old phone with that problem.

Pride is coming up in my city, and I’ve been thinking previous years that it’s a shame that my work doesn’t participate in the parade since a lot of organisations and agencies do. I mean, if other government agencies take that kind of stand, there shouldn’t be a problem with it, shouldn’t there? But this year, we are, kind of. We have a group that works against discrimination in our workplace, and lgbtq+ is obviously a big part of that, so this year they are gathering people to walk together. So that’s a cool thing that’s happening. I signed up to walk with them of course. Maybe now I’ll finally find out who the lgbtq+ people at work are, ha. We’re a huge work place and I know almost no one (I mean, I haven’t asked everyone, but among the people I know, few have pinged on my gaydar).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar